Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A letter to Wiggles on her Birthday

I guess I like writing letters. Maybe if I write another blog someday it will be in the form of letters to people in my life. Anyway here goes

My Dearest Little Girl,

Today you turned one and I am so filled with joy to see what you have become in the last year. Daddy and I are so proud of all you have learned to do! You are such a curious little girl. Your favorite thing to ask it "oo daa?" translated, "what's that?" as you point at anything and everything. You are sweet and fiery all at once and you make us laugh at every moment.

I also wanted to share with you that now that you are a toddler, a big girl, there are going to be some things that will be different. You see, God gave me and Daddy the amazing privilege of being your parents, but as Uncle Ben tells Spiderman, with great privilege (OK, he says power) comes great responsibility. 

There is only one thing that I want for you to know in this entire world and that is that you are a loved daughter of the King, you're Savior Jesus Christ. That's it. And that is all. It is everything. So you must know that through all of the changes that are about to come as you become a toddler and not a baby any more, I hope you will know that this is my aim. Whatever mistakes I will make, whatever I do right, I hope it points you toward Christ.

So when I lovingly put you in time out tomorrow when you try to put your finger in the light socket (again), it is with His love that I discipline. And when you throw your cup on the floor on purpose and I say, "uh-oh all done" and take your cup away I am trying with all my heart to emulate His heart for you. And when I rock you to sleep like I do every night (and shall do every night as long as you need me) it is His embrace we are sharing.

You see Dear Heart, I too am a Daughter of the King. And like any daughter, I want to be just like my Daddy, just as you pretend to be like your daddy when you wear his hat and take bites of his toast. I hope one day you too will emulate your Heavenly Father's love as well.

With all of my heart, and His,
Mommy

Birthday Party Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment