Saturday, January 26, 2013

Thankful Thursdays #4

Linking again! Visit her page! Read! Enjoy!

Can you really even call it Thankful Thursday if it's Saturday when you are writing? Well, I'm gonna, 'cause this is my blog and so there! That's the first grader in me. I repress her all week because I have teach them, not be them.

Here we go:


1) I am thankful for a Professional Development Coach at our school who came into my room, without me begging her, to teach my class when she heard my little angels being a slightly unruly as I talked with a parent who dropped by. So sweet! And desperately needed. Also, she gave me a bit of a pep talk last week, encouraging me to be firm with my class and keep on trucking! I think teaching (much like parenting) takes a whole village. I have no problem with people popping into my classroom to assist when it appears I might need a hand. Chances are, I DO need it.

Do you not love First Grade work?! Haha!
2) My husband, who bought me a book for my classroom because he wanted to get me a present. Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentine. If you have never read Junie B. please do. She's hilarious! Even for adults. Maybe even especially for adults. She's the perfect read aloud for Kindergartners and First Graders because she still has a few pictures, even though it's a chapter book. But also, a fantastic read to self all the way through Fourth or Fifth. Or for me...




3) W-2s in the mail early. Do I really need to elaborate on this one?

4) Pat giving me his pocket change so I can buy a Coke at school for a Friday treat.


See? Coke. Just like this pretty picture.


5) When my sister asks (over Skype) "Have you lost weight?" Why thank you dear, I believe I may have!

Jillian

1 comment: