Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Don't you just love linking up with other blogs? For one thing, it gives you new ideas of what to write about, you get to look at other peoples blogs and people get to look at yours. It's fun all the way around. Besides, I thought this would be really good for me. When you stand back and look at your life and you feel like all you have done is struggle and strive and you still don't make it, it's very difficult to be thankful. I think Thankful Thursday is going to be a fitting challenge for me. Plus also, as Junie B. would say, I have something I am thankful for today.

It's funny how these thankful moments sneak up on you. They usually appear on the worst days. The days where your first grade class seems to have run you ragged, you child hasn't napped all day or you're so late getting home from work that dinner is pizza... again. Or like me, on a day like today when you have had all three. 

Wiggles was crying after bed time. For the third time. And since it is a day I work, neither I nor she can handle a cry-it-out kind of night. I turned off our show (again), went downstairs (again) and picked her up (again). But this time when I picked her up, instead of looking around and talking to me, showing me her monkey and pointing to monkey's "ay" (eye) she immediately put her head on my shoulder and it was as if she became part of my body. She snuggled in so close to me. I just held her and I'll admit, I even teared up a little as I remembered what it was like for her to be part of me. Longing for that feeling of closeness and mourning just a little bit the thought that that feeling of "oneness" is no longer.

I thank God for my little one. With every fiber in me. May God continue to bless her. May He find her when she hurts, hold her as she cries and comfort her when I can't.

Amen


Sleepy head Wiggles with her favorite bed time pal, Monkey

2 comments:

  1. I completely get this post. We are having epic bedtime battles lately...I am trying to enjoy the moments when my little man actually wants to snuggle! Hard to believe how fast they grow. :\ Found you through the linky at A Beautiful Ruckus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a doll! Having my little ones curl up with me and just rest is one of my very favorite things. I'm glad that you got that moment even though it sounds like you had a really rough day. It's all worth it in the end, isn't it?

    Thanks for linking up with A Beautiful Ruckus! :)

    ReplyDelete