Thursday, December 6, 2012

Curly Baby Hair Care Continued

Remember in this post I said that I would keep you updated about how I take care of Wiggles' hair? Well, here is the follow up. It took some trial and error, but we seem to have perfected it, at least for now. I'm sure that it will change as her hair gets thicker and longer. Here goes:

Step 1: Wet your child.


Step 2: The conditioner. Use more than you think you will need. Slather it on her head.


Step 3: Wash the rest of your child leaving the conditioner in her hair to soak.

Step 4: Comb through her hair holding the root so as not to hurt getting the snarls out. I use the fat end to separate the curl and the finer end to get the snags. When snarls are out rinse well.


Step 4: Get child dry (skin only, leave the hair alone).

Step 5: Gently squeeze out the moisture with the towel. Do not rub dry. It will break the hairs.

Step 6: Comb again to separate the curls again.

Step 7: Products. We use Johnson & Johnson leave in conditioner first. I run my fingers through her hair to make sure it gets good and coated. Then we use Herbal Essences Scrunching Gel. I do not run my fingers through her hair anymore. This is where we form the curls. Rub the gel in your hands and gently but firmly squeeze the gel into her hair. Hold for a second and repeat.

 

Step 8: I form some of the curls that need a little extra help at the front, but for the most part, it just needs scrunching.


Let it air dry. Ideally you would schedule bath time a long way from a nap time or a bedtime.


See? Nice cute burls. They last for quite a while. We take a bath every two or three days at most. For bed head we use the same Johnson & Johnson leave in conditioned. I use almost none. Just rub it on your fingers and gently fluff. 

I'll keep you abreast of any changes in the routine, but for those of you with adorable baby curls you don't know what to do with, this seems to work well for us.

Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment