Thursday, November 8, 2012

What To Do With a Bored Baby Girl

We are living with my in-laws. Something we are extremely greatful for, but all those involved are a little tired of. Part of the issue with sharing space is that there really isn't a way to baby proof the livingroom without a whole lot of moving things into spaces no one has available. So... That means I get a little tired of saying "no," don't touch that," "yuck! What are you eating?!" So yesterday found me on Pinterest  frantically (I mean, she was literally on my lap squirming towards certain death) searching for a 10 month old friendly activity. Painting? too messy. Sensory bins? Really? And tell her not to eat any of it? wasn't that the point of finding a new activity? to avoid that conversation? Then I found it. Two ingredients=1 hour of baby fun! Shaving cream plus food coloring.



Hello bath paints! Here's the original post. I take no credit for the idea, except that I did discover that it works just fine with gel shaving cream, you just have to whip the heck out of it.

Ok, now for the fun. Enjoy the pictures! I know, I know, the phone camera... Stupid camera...

Unsure at first...

"OK momma... You say this is fun..."

I helped her get started. Mostly I just wanted to touch it too!

"OK, now I get it!"







I'm sorry, but is she not adorable!?





Such focus.







"OK Momma, time to get out now, right?"
That's my hand saying "No no baby! Sit down! Messy! Yucky!"

The best part? Strip her down, hose her off!

As you can see, she's still a little blue on her chest. Oh well! It was well worth it!


SO there you go. 1 Hour of entertainment for you little and you!

No comments:

Post a Comment