Monday, October 7, 2013

Happy Birthday

I decided to hijack my wife's blog today. The last thing she posted was the announcement of our two little twins, Evangeline Olivia and John Craig. Since then much has happened, and I didn't want the first thing she saw upon revisiting her blog to be the reminder of the happy news. The knife went straight into my heart as I looked at her last post. You see, our beautiful babies have gone to be with Jesus.
This is without a question the hardest thing I've had to write. We knew them as well as any parent. We loved them as we held them in our arms. They were perfect. How wonderful to have had the moments we did. Nevertheless, it is difficult to go on with two little holes in each of our hearts. We have three children, and though I know Jillian doesn't use our first born's name (she goes instead by the name wiggles), our little ones are now in the safe arms of our Savior thereby not needing the disguise of a nickname to keep them protected.
Evangeline and John were fully used by the Lord. His purpose for their lives, all be it short, was realized for the hour they spent with us on this earth. His grace shown in each breath they took, and the sweetness of Christ in their tiny faces as they rested without fear or worry on mommy's tummy.
We are forever changed having known them. What a good mommy she was to them as she held them. The caring and comforting voice of one so sweet and so filled with the faith of the Lord. It was a shock to learn that they would come just a little too early, and there was not much time to prepare for that day our world ended. But even through the valley of the shadow of death, she did not fear evil, but drew close to the Lord's promise that we will one day see them again, soon.
I love and admire the mommy of our three little babies. She has taught me to love so deep and so strong. I will love Wiggles, Evangeline and John forever; and I will love their mommy, if possible, even longer.

Evangeline Olivia
and 
John Craig

Born Sept. 16th 2013

Happy three week birthday my little babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment