Monday, November 25, 2013

Explaining the Train Ticket


When my husband and I were dating we were talking about being martyred for Christ. I told him that I would be terrified. I didn't trust what I would say or do if confronted with paying the ultimate price for my loyalty to Him. He told me this story:

Corrie Ten Boom and her father were standing in the train station talking about the very same thing. She was a young girl at the time and she had the same fears that I had. Her father turned to her and asked "Corrie, when do I give you your train ticket?" "Right before I get on the train," She answered. He explained to her that our God works the same way. 

You can't imagine facing the trials that you will face in the future. But when they come, that's when he makes your heart ready. That's when He hands you your ticket. Right at the exact moment you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment