Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's (and Grandma's) day

When I was little this poem hung on my wall. It was a gift from my grandmother. Sitting on this side of childhood, it makes me teary and miss my grandma with a powerful ache. Today I give it back to the next generation of grandmothers, who have raised their children and are helping their children to raise children. Happy Mother's Day Oma and Grandma!



I Like To Walk With Grandma

I like to walk with grandma,
Her steps are short like mine.
She doesn't say "Now hurry up!"
She always takes her time.

I like to walk with Grandma,
Her eyes see things mine do...
Wee pebbles bright,
A funny cloud,
Half-hidden drop of dew.

Most people have to hurry,
They do not stop to see...
I'm glad that God made Grandma,
Unrushed and young, like me.

~Author Unknown~

No comments:

Post a Comment